Become a National + Central Virginia Member
The Central Virginia Chapter of the American Marketing Association is the source in our region for:
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Marketing News, the award-winning, bi-monthly magazine, Marketing News
- Strategic networking opportunities with professional marketers and service providers in Central Virginia
- Professional recognition through our annual Excellence in Marketing awards
- Members-only access to www.MarketingPower.com with privileged information such as salary surveys, online training, publication archives, tools, templates, and more!
The American Marketing Association (AMA) , one of the largest professional associations for marketers, has 38,000 members worldwide in every area of marketing. For over six decades the AMA has been the leading source for information, knowledge sharing and development in the marketing profession. Isn't it time that you leveraged the power and resources that the AMA offers?
The best marketers use every advantage. They have powerful career connections, valuable resources, and special insights. That’s because the best marketers are members of the American Marketing Association. And right now, there’s no better time to join. They have powerful career connections, valuable resources, and special insights. That’s because the best marketers are members of the American Marketing Association. And right now, there’s no better time to join.
Combining the latest academic research with practical business application, the American Marketing Association provides its members with the fundamental tools that put marketing to work.
To join AMA, you must go to The American Marketing Association national website. You can join online, or print and mail the downloadable PDF form - Please note the Central Virginia Chapter on your application.
Top 10 Reasons to Join the AMA
1.) STAYING CURRENT
Members can immediately receive:
- Continuous previews and calendars of upcoming AMA events on relevant marketing topics - locally and nationally.
- Monthly newsletters from their local chapter on community topics of interest.
- Personalized email alerts and customized Web site views for news on industry developments, case studies, best practice articles, and leading edge services.
- Fresh perspectives in all aspects of marketing in Marketing News bi-weekly magazine.
2.) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
AMA is the leading professional association dedicated to all disciplines and levels of marketing - critical to upward career growth and a well-rounded business view. Resources include:
- Dozens of relevant marketing events, workshops, seminars, and members-only networking through local professional chapters.
- International and local AMA conferences on topics such as CRM, market research, industry marketing, marketing education, customer satisfaction, and quality measurement. Also offer Hot Topic Series, Marketing Boot Camps, Market Research Boot Camps, and Professional Certified Marketer program.
- Opportunities to mentor and be mentored by marketing leaders through local chapter networks.
- In-depth focus through AMA Institutes - Services Leadership Institute, School of Marketing Research, Advanced School of Marketing Research, and Marketing Essentials.
- Best practices articles about marketing disciplines such as public relations, new product development, B2B marketing, advertising, marketing law, research, Internet marketing, and consumer promotions - categorized on AMA's Web site, MarketingPower.com.
3.) ADVANCING YOUR CAREER
Find your next job; hire your next employee; or ace that big project - with help from the AMA source:
- Access AMA's marketing-specific career center on Marketingpower.com for job opportunities, career planning, resume resources, and career links.
- Search a network of nationwide marketing talent for your next employee search.
- Network at the local and national level to connect with hiring managers, industry experts, marketing specialists, and service providers.
- Work with local or national AMA volunteers on skill-expanding projects to boost your resume.
- Become a Professional Certified Marketert (PCM)TM to demonstrate knowledge.
4.) POWER NETWORKING
Make important connections with industry leaders, specialists, business colleagues, and friends:
- Just relocated? Get quickly integrated in a new business community through AMA local chapter meetings and volunteering
- AMA gives you an objective and mutually valuable reason to connect and develop professional relationships.
- Use AMA to build a supporting network with your peers and a business community with marketing profit-makers
5.) DISCOVERING HIDDEN TALENTS
Volunteering for a professional chapter provides a wide variety of opportunities to work with a talented marketing team and test new skills by:
- Leading a committee or directing a project - Communications, Web site, Programming, Internet marketing, Research, Sales, Membership, or Management.
- Working with a local AMA team on a vendor-sponsored project to learn new technologies, applications, and techniques.
- Collaborating to win an AMA award that promotes your expertise.
6.) ACCESSING COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCES
Some of the best marketing resources are only a click or a search away:
- People and Services - International Member & Marketing Services Guide.
- Marketing Service Directories - Marketing Research Companies, Focus Groups, Green Book International.
- Online bookstore and book reviews on topics such as marketing futures, forecasting, benchmarking, Internet, and marketing technologies.
- Publications - Current issue and archives for Marketing News, Marketing Management , Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research.
- Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Public Policy & Marketing and Marketing Health Services.
7.) GETTING PUBLISHED
Do you have a great idea? Do you want to voice your opinion? There are a variety of opportunities to get your name in print and express your views on marketing topics in:
- Local professional chapter newsletters, announcements, and publications.
- Local chapter and AMA Web sites.
- Marketing News and AMA Exchange newsletter.
8.) GAINING AFFINITY BENEFITS & OTHER DISCOUNTS
Business products and services such as PR Newswire, MBNA, Airborne Express, AVIS, USI Administrators, and 1-800-Flowers.com. Others may be found on the MarketingPower.com site. Members get exclusive access to resources and valuable discounts including:
- AMA magazine and journal subscriptions.
- Marketing books published by the AMA.
- Local and International programs, conferences, workshops, and seminars.
9.) DEVELOPING LEADERSHIP
The more you take advantage of AMA, the more advantages you receive. The AMA develops true leaders. Become one by volunteering to:
- Run a local chapter - You'll learn to run a business.
- Plan and execute an AMA project - AMA provides the tools to make your successful, including a Chapter Officer's Guide, financial forms, grants, Web seminars, the Professional Chapters Council, online communities, and an annual National Leadership Summit.
- Make a lasting, positive impact - AMA is your vehicle to gain recognition for your team, your chapter, the marketing profession, and ultimately yourself.
- Lead -- Successful marketing requires a vision, communication, and influence skills. Running a volunteer professional chapter develops those skills in a safe environment.
10.) ADVANCING THE MARKETING PROFESSION
Take advantage of the AMA resources to support and communicate a marketing cause, best practices, and the value of marketing:
- Address core issues such as privacy and ethics; building a market-driven company; customer service and relationship management; growing a profitable business.
- Speak publicly to raise awareness and become a valuable source to your community and your industry.
- Your membership supports the AMA - which provides leadership and infrastructure that enables professional chapters to advance the practice of marketing.